Thursday, November 18, 2010

We Get Chickens at Yard Poppas!

We were thrilled to get a gaggle of chickens here at the suburban homestead today.

The man who sold them to us for what he assured us was cheap (cheep? ha!) at $50 each said that they were so little trouble that they needed neither water nor food.

He did say that they make the awfullest mess when they poop, so maybe we'll call ourselves Yard POOPa!  Ha!

Anyhoo, enjoy the pix.

P.S. I think they're some sort of Asian breed because one of them says, 'Made in Japan' on it's butt.

8 comments:

  1. I don't know...these look a little suspicious if you ask me. The been eatin' mash made from corn lickur' drippin's or jest fell from da turnip waggin? Looks a little funny to me is all I am a'sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I want to know is what kind of eggs do such "Asian Chickens" lay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Asian Chicken will lay a plain egg. Foo'...young (shaking his head in dismay)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet these yer birdies lay those plastic eggs you put candy in at Easter time...you know the ones that are in 2-pieces...yeah, yeah that's right?!?!?!?! Or maybe they lay those podzes that invade your mind and body and make everybody happy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want chickens that lay CADBURY eggs -- caramel, NOT creme! So, I get Cadburys/Cadburies or these chickens are fwikahsee! Fried Plastic . . . okay, maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, "David"! HOW could I have missed it -- it was up there all thuh time: a "plain egg Foo'young" !!! We gotta get us some day-jobs so we can keep'em when our comedy gig runs out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better yet, take this show on the road, say, to Morocco?

    Paging Bob & Bing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Road to Morocco! Because the chickens "lay those podzes that invade your mind and body and make everybody happy"?

    ReplyDelete